- Jagermeister is a German drink.
- Jagermeister literally means Hunt master.
- Jagermeister is made up of 56 herbs and spices.
- Jagermeister is completely Gluten Free.
With everyone becoming health-conscious, people tend to avoid gluten products to keep up with strict diets and lose bodyweight. But, you must be wondering, is the most famous German herbal liquor, Jagermeister, a gluten free product? To answer your queries, Jagermeister is procured from natural ingredients like herbs, roots, and spices with no touch of ingredients containing gluten.
The liquor market has a wide variety of products made from wheat, barley, vegetables, distilled grains, seeds, spices, and roots. Liquor is extracted from fermenting yeast and sugar in the ingredients and is distilled before it becomes fine ethyl alcohol. Most liquor products are gluten free, but they are mixed with gluten substances to increase their alcoholic percentages.
The alcohol market is diverse, with both gluten and gluten-free options. Here let’s focus on the best-selling German liquor that reached every corner of the world, Jagermeister.
What is Jagermeister?
Jagermeister is a German liquor made from 56 herbs, roots, and spices. The recipe was introduced by Curt Mast in 1934 and has never changed since then. The name literally translates to Huntmaster, indicating that the drink can give you an instant boost and flare up your senses to hunt like a master. It gained world recognition by the next decade and stayed as one of the premium liquors in the market.
The liquor comes as the flagship product of the MastJagermeister SE organization that claims it to be a complete gluten free beverage. The beverage is considered to be one of the luxury drinks that took the world by storm. It is also the bartender’s favorite liquor to experiment and make delicious cocktails.
Ingredients of Jagermeister
Jagermeister is made up of 56 herbs, fruits, roots, and spices, including a citrus peel, bitter orange, cloves, anise, licorice, saffron, poppy seeds, ginger juniper berries, and ginseng.
All the ingredients are grounded into a fine paste and then steeped in water and concentrated alcohol for three days straight.
The entire mixture is filtered and cleaned before getting stored into wooden barrels for at least a year. Some of the barrels are kept longer for more than a year to brew stronger and more alcoholic mixture.
The mixture is taken out and filtered, and distilled, after which sugar, caramel, and alcohol are added. Thus, the tasty Jagermeister is ready and good to go. The brand emphasizes serving the beverage cold around -18C. The Jagermeister contains up to 30% alcoholic percent.
Here is what one shot of Jagermeister contains:
- Calories: 167
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: 0.05grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 19 grams
- Sugar: 8 grams
What makes the Jagermeister gluten free?
Answering the big question in the picture, Jagermeister is definitely gluten free liquor. It does not use any form of gluten substance like wheat. It is purely extracted from herbs, spices, and roots and distilled to make fine herbal liquor.
You can cross-check with the ingredients to confirm all your doubts. Jagermeister produces only distilled liquors and alcoholic beverages, which in turn prevents any kind of cross-contamination of gluten products.
Health benefits of Jagermeister
Well, now that you know Jagermeister is gluten free, let’s look into other beneficial factors of this herbal liquor:
Jagermeister was initially introduced as a digestif drink that is consumed either after and before dinner. It consists of herbs and spices that help in digesting food. Even though it is an alcoholic drink, it helps settle the stomach down and increases digestion ability.
The high presence of citrus, orange peel, and roots makes the drink fibrous and calms any acidic nature of the stomach. It is consumed on a daily basis in northern Germany for digestion purposes.
- May reduce inflammation
The cloves and anise have a compound called Eugenol, which aids in reducing inflammation in the body and prevents adverse effects. Inflammations can also lead to heart diseases, arthritis, blockages, and other diseases. Jagermeister may have the ability to reduce such inflammations and avoid heart strokes when consumed in moderate amounts.
- May reduce diabetes
When herbal liquor is consumed in moderate amounts, it can prevent the development of diabetes. Jagermeister has a considerable amount of good sugars and has numerous roots and herbs that can help control the sugar levels in the bloodstream.
Well, now that you know Jagermeister is gluten free, other exciting facts that might catch your eye are:
- Jagermeister cannot be made at home because it needs big wooden barrels to store the mixture for a minimum of 365 days with 383 quality checks. It brews 30% of alcohol percentage while other alcohols take more than 3 years to reach that level.
- Did you know that you cannot break Jagermeister’s bottle in one go? The bottle is made to be highly reliable just to state that the drink can be trusted to give you the promised taste, pleasure, and experience.
- Just like you, bees like Jagermeister. It is also used to attract bees by the beekeepers. With the rich presence of sugars, caramel, and aromatic herbs, Jagermeister can attract bees and wasps, especially during summers and pollination times.
- Jagermeister is the best ingredient to cook with and make delicious meat-based dishes. It is very commonly used to make chicken wing sauce, fudgy brownies, and five-course meals.
- Many brands tried to replicate the liquor, but they failed drastically because the recipe has been a secret since 1932. It is made only in three units all over the world and has just over 600 employees to protect the recipe of Jagermeister.
Jagermeister cocktail recipes
Jager bombs are very popular and pretty common in any bar and pubs you visit. It is known for its instant hit and delicious taste. It is very easy to mix a Jager bomb. All you need is a Red Bull energy drink or any caffeine-carbonated drink of your choice and Jagermeister liquor.
- Both ingredients have to be in a 1:1 ratio. Measure them before and keep them aside.
- Pour a red bull energy drink into a whiskey glass.
- Pour the Jagermeister into a shot glass.
- Take the shot glass and place it carefully into the whiskey glass.
- Or serve both the glass individually.
- All you need to do is mix both the ingredients right before you drink.
- The Jager bomb is ready.
Jager bombs are pretty famous because the drink has a unique blend of Jagermeister and caffeine. The caffeine content in the energy drink acts as a catalyst to the liquor and gives you an instant buzz. It’s perfect for summer parties and chilled friends nights.
#2 CALIFORNIA SURFER
Can’t choose between a shooter and a cocktail? Check out the Calfornia Surfer, which can be made into both shooter and a cocktail with the same ingredients. You will need to take all the ingredients in the same quantity.
For a shooter
- 1 ounce of Jagermeister
- 1 ounce of pineapple juice
- 1 ounce of coconut rum
For a cocktail
- 2 ounces of Jagermeister
- 2 ounces of pineapple juice
- 2 ounces of coconut rum
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mint leaves
- Lemon if you like
- Take Jagermeister, coconut rum, and pineapple juice into the cocktail shaker.
- Put some ice cubes
- Shake it well
- Pour it into the shooter glass or the cocktail glass.
- For the cocktail, add ice before pouring the mixture
- Add your honey and squeeze your lemon
- Put mint leaves on the top.
Well, your California surfer is ready to serve. It is a delicious tropical drink that can also be done with other fruits like sweet lime, orange, and watermelon. Choose any citrus fruit and blend it with rum and Jagermeister to make a delicious tropical drink for the party!
#3 GERMAN VACATION
Looking for fun-filled, rum-filled, spices-filled cocktails? Well, German vacation is your answer. It is a drink that mixes the taste of New York with ancient German Jagermeister. This cocktail is a bartender’s favorite to make because it’s super exciting and fun to blend and to drink.
It is served with crushed ice in a highball glass with tropical fruits and diverse tastes of the cocktail. All you need for this cocktail is
- 1 ounce of gold rum,
- ¾ ounce of ginger syrup
- ¾ ounce of orgeat syrup,
- 1 ounce of Jagermeister ( you can add up to three ounces if you want your drink to be dominated by the liquor)
- ¾ ounce of squeezed lemon juice
- 3 dashed Peychaud’s bitters
- Add all the ingredients into the cocktail shaker
- add crushed ice to the cocktail shaker
- shake it well
- use a highball glass or swizzle glass
- Put crushed ice into the glass
- Pour the blend over the crushed ice
- You can do it layer by layer if you like or at one go
- Sprinkle the bitters over the cocktail
- Decorate with lemon or orange slices and serve it.
The drink with one ounce of Jagermeister will not get you drunk, but if you make it stronger, Well, get ready to feel the buzz. It is a super fun drink and can also be shared by two on one mix. Don’t forget to try it!
#4 THE INSIDE SCOOP
Well, are you a root beer fan? Why not mingle it with Jagermeister to make a fantastic ice cream cocktail. Inside Scoop is not an easy recipe as Jager bomb, but it is definitely worth the hard work.
- 1 spritz yellow chartreuse liquor
- 2 ounces of Jagermeister liquor
- 4 ounces of root beer of your choice (chilled without fail)
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 3 dashes of root beer bitters
- Orange or lime peels for garnish
- Spritz an old fashioned glass with Yellow Chartreuse liquor
- Mix Jagermeister and root beer in the cocktail shaker
- Pour the blend into the glass
- Add the Scoop of vanilla ice cream over the blend
- Dash the ice cream with bitters on the top
- Garnish it with the orange peel
- Add a pinch of coffee if you like on the top
- It’s ready to be served.
#5 JAGER CAFE COCTAIL
Jager café cocktail is just what it sounds, a coffee cocktail that has a perfect base for Jagermeister in it. It has strong vodka and coffee liquor making it a notorious yet super fun drink that is sweet and bitter at the same time.
- 1 ounce of Jagermeister
- 1 ounce of vodka( add more if you want it stronger)
- 1 ounce of coffee liquor
- 2 drops of grenadine
- Add vodka, Jagermeister, and coffee liquor into the cocktail shaker
- Shake it well
- Put ice and grenadine into the shaker and shake again
- Pour it into a cocktail glass
- Serve it.
Jagermeister Food Recipes
JAGERMEISTER PULLED PORK
Jagermeister is not just for cocktails, it is used for making fantastic meat-based recipes, and one such recipe is Jagermeister Pulled Pork. It is pretty easy to cook and gives an amazing herbal flavored meat that will make you crave more! Well, let’s dive into the recipe. It has three parts, Jager Braai sauce, Pork butt, and Butt Spritz.
Jager Braai Sauce
- 2 Shots of Jagermeister
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 cup of tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 shot of Jagermeister
- 1 cup oil
- BBQ seasoning of your choice
- 1 pork butt
- 8 ounces apple juice
- 1 shot of Jagermeister
- Marinate the pork butt in oil and Jagermeister for 10 minutes minimum.
- Then add your BBQ seasoning to the meat, wrap it up, and put it in the fridge.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a pan and let it cook till it becomes thick.
- Pour all the Spritz ingredients into the spray bottle.
- Barbeque your marinated pork and spritz the pork butt till it cooks deliciously.
- Once it’s cooked, apply the jager braai sauce and wrap it in aluminum foil
- Place it in the oven till it reaches 200 degrees and takes it out.
- Let it cool down a bit, and then place them on a plate
- Pour the sauce all over the cooked meat
- And serve the appetizers.
So, now you know the answer to the question is Jagermeister gluten free. This herbal liqueur is famous all over the world and it is absolutely gluten free, with no possibility of cross-contamination of gluten substances. It is a fantastic drink to drink raw, make cocktails, and cook meat.
Well, what are you waiting for? Grab Jagermeister to have fun!
More Posts for You: