- Monster energy drink is totally gluten free
- Monster energy drink is available in 34 flavors, which includes zero-sugar variants
- Nobody can actually taste all the ingredients of the Monster drinks
Low on energy? Sip Monster energy drink and see the magic. Monster energy drink is one of the best energy booster drinks available on the market, and many of us are wondering if it is gluten free.
Sponsoring several extreme sports, its name itself signifies becoming a monster in the sport and beat all the odds.
There are several flavors available in the market. Some people might think that the energy drink is not the healthiest option available in the market, but if you are looking for a sudden energy boost, you have to opt for monster drinks.
Stay tuned to get the answer about gluten and understand the drink’s composition in depth…
Is Monster gluten free?
Monster drinks are gluten free. There are no traces of gluten in all the flavors of the drinks. To get a better understanding, you should understand something about gluten.
Gluten belongs to a family of naturally present proteins in some grains like rye, barley, wheat, etc. Also known as prolamins, the substance is added to certain processed foods and beverages to improve the texture and elevate moisture retention properties.
Typically, gluten is not harmful to most people around the world. However, people suffering from gluten intolerance, wheat allergy, celiac disease, and other similar ones cannot process gluten.
Celiac disease is the most adverse form of gluten intolerance. People suffering from this disease cannot process gluten. In this autoimmune disease, the host’s body takes the substance as a foreign invader and attacks it to protect the body.
With that, it also attacks the lining of the gastrointestinal tract and damages it. The damage elevates the risk of other digestive disorders common diseases.
Several symptoms of the disease like digestive discomfort, tiredness, tissue damage in the small intestines, skin rashes, bloating, headache, diarrhea, unexplained weight loss, depression, constipation & foul-smelling feces.
Other than these symptoms, people also suffer from severe anemia and general tiredness. So, it is crucial to take care while consuming processed foods and beverages.
Here are some of the common processed and whole foods which you should be aware of if you are suffering from gluten intolerance:
Grains: Whole wheat, farro, couscous, wheat bran, barley, rye, triticale, cracked wheat, semolina, matzo, bulgur, farina, einkorn, durum, wheat germ.
Processed products (Grain-based): Some veggie burgers, Crackers, pastries, bread, breadcrumbs, cookies, pasta, seitan, wheat-containing soba noodles.
Other beverages & foods: Sauces or gravies thickened with flour, malt vinegar, soy sauce, beer, certain spice blends, certain salad dressings, flavored chips, certain kinds of wine, barley malt.
When consuming different foods and beverages, check for the gluten free label to make sure that there are no gluten traces in the product.
However, sometimes there are cases when the gluten-free labeled products contain little traces of gluten. So, check with the manufacturer to present any unfortunate accident.
Now you are familiar with the substance and risks associated with it.
However, the Monster drinks are totally gluten free. You can consume them without the stress of dealing with any one of the symptoms.
Let us now have a peek at the nutritional value of the drink...
Ingredients and nutritional facts
The Monster drinks contain carbonated water, Glucose, Citric Acid, Glucose, Natural Flavors, Caffeine, Taurine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, L-Carnitine, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Niacinamide, Cyanocobalamin, Inositol, Guarana Seed Extract, Glucuronolactone, Pyridoxine, Sucralose, Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Maltodextrin.
The nutritional facts per 16fl oz of the drink are:
- Energy: 210 calories
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrate(Of which Sugars): 54g
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 3.6mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 46mg
- Vitamin B6: 4.6mg
- Vitamin B12: 13 µg
- Caffeine: 160mg
- Protein: 0g
- Sodium: 370mg
The typical calorie intake range for a woman is 2000 to 2400 and for a man is 2400 to 3000. So, if you drink a Monster energy drink car, you are consuming approximately one-tenth of your total calorie intake.
If you are following a strict fitness regime, then you should think twice before consuming it.
According to sources, AHA prescribes that a male adult should limit the sugar intake to 36g, and a female adult should limit it to 25g. With one can of Monster drink, you are consuming 54g of sugar, which is quite high.
The high intake of sugar can increase the weight and risk of heart diseases. However, your cells get a good amount of energy to burn.
On the caffeine front, you consume 160 mg of caffeine which is less than some options available in the market, which contain up to 300 mg. You should limit the intake up to 400 mg a day. Otherwise, you have to deal with insomnia, dizziness, and anxiety, altering your normal body functions.
Other than that, the drink packs good amounts of several B-vitamins, which are necessary for good health.
Now let us see what good happens to your body when you drink one can of Monster energy drink...
Perks of Monster energy drink
- Get the vital B-Vitamins
The drink is rich in Vitamin B2, B3, B6, and B12. All these vitamins help your body fight several cancer cells, present cardiovascular diseases and keep your nerves and red blood cells healthy.
The vitamins also improve your mood and help maintain a good digestive system
- Energy boost
No doubt, Vitamin B helps your body extract all the energy out of the cells, but the caffeine present in the drink provides an immediate energy boost to your cells.
- Elevated athletic performance
Drinking a can of Monster energy drink prior to your workout will heighten your focus, increase alertness level and fill your cells with enough energy that will allow you to give your best while playing the sport.
Let us now check the different flavors of the drink...
Different Types of Monster Drinks
There are a plethora of Monster drink flavors available in the market. We have covered all the main categories below.
- Monster Energy
It has all the apt ingredients in the right ratios.
Leaving a bad buzz at the end of the drink, this drink is loved by musicians, hipsters, road warriors, bikers, and athletes owing to its punchy flavor profile that is an ultimate blend of salty and sweet.
This energy series is available in a myriad of flavors:
- Original Green: Classic sweet and salty flavor
- Lo-carb: Low on calories and carbohydrates yet rich in flavor
- Zero Sugar: 0 added sugar with citrus flavor
- Assault: It is a classic mix of Cola and Monster for your zingy flavor
- Super Premium: It has Euro flavor with its special winning flavor
- Non-Alcoholic Mule: Its spicy-sweet ginger is coupled with a Zesty Lime Notes finish.
- Ultra Monster Energy
It is a perfect concoction of the unique fantastic flavors that bring out the best of Monster drink. Each drink has its own flavor leaving an ‘Ultra’ energy keeping you rejuvenated throughout the day.
The best part about this drink is its Zero-Sugar quality, with only fresh flavors reaching your palate.
Some of its refreshing and crisp flavors are mentioned below:
- Zero-Sugar Ultra Gold: featuring Refreshing Golden Pineapple flavor
- Zero Ultra or The White Monster: Having tangy notes of Light Refreshing Citrus
- Zero-Sugar Ultra Paradise: Excellent combo of Kiwi Lime and Cucumber
- Zero-Sugar Ultra Fiesta: added fresh Mango flavor
- Zero-Sugar Ultra Sunrise: The best blend of Citrus and Orange
- Zero-Sugar Ultra Rosá: Super complex floral flavor which is both sweet and bright
- Zero-Sugar Ultra Violet or The Purple Monster: Fantastic combo of Grape and light citrus
- Zero-Sugar Ultra Red: Amazing mixed berries flavors
- Zero-Sugar Ultra Blue or The Blue Monster: an amazing combo of berry and light citrus
- Zero-Sugar Ultra Black: A unique black cherry blend
- Java Monster Energy
It is the ultimate mix of coffee and cream, along with the best monster energy blend. It also comes with one explicit flavor to cater to your taste buds in the best way.
Coffee lovers absolutely love the killer flavor combinations under this category.
This line flavors:
- Java Monster Mean Bean: You will love the Classic Vanilla flavor
- Java Monster Loca Moca: It is equipped with Chocolate Mocha
- Java Monster Kona Blend: dark Kona coffee that is roasted for its classic flavor
- Java Monster Irish Blend: Irish coffee without any alcohol
- Java Monster Low Calorie Vanilla Light: Composed of vanilla bean flavor
- Java Monster Salted Caramel: blended with salted and sweet caramel combination
- Java Monster Swiss Chocolate: blended with salted and sweet Swiss chocolate
- Java Monster Farmer’s Oats Vegan Coffee: perfect blend of vanilla, oatmeal cookie, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Java Monster Triple Shot Mocha: Terrific chocolate combo with brewed coffee
- Java Monster Triple Shot French Vanilla: Strong coffee flavors with custard and caramelized Vanilla notes
- Hydro Monster Energy
Are you looking for that extra charging hydration?
If yes, Monster, in collaboration with Hydro has come up with an exciting range of advanced hydration formulations for all sports enthusiasts.
Check out the given flavor combinations to pick your apt drink:
- Hydro Super Sport Red Dawg: 70 calories only with Citrus dragonfruit flavor
- Hydro Super Sport Blue Streak: 70 calories only with Honeydew, Mixed Berry, Mangosteen, and Lemonade
- Monster Hydro Tropical Thunder: Non carbonated with refreshing pineapple flavor
- Monster Hydro Purple Passion: Non carbonated with Concord Grape
- Monster Hydro Blue Ice: Non carbonated with Blue Raspberry
- Monster Hydro Zero Sugar or Hydro White: Non carbonated with fantasy fruit
- Monster Hydro Manic Melon: Non carbonated citrus and melon
- Juice Monster Energy
Want a perfect fruit juice loaded with high energy?
Juice Monster variety is here to help you with all its terrific fruit punches that will provide a refreshing juice flavor and help you beat the heat in no time!
Given below are all the juice flavors that will help you get rolling:
- Juice Monster Pacific Punch: combined with Classic Fruit Punch
- Juice Monster Pipeline Punch: an ultimate combo of Passion Fruit, Guava, and Orange
- Juice Monster Khaotic: ruled by the tangy citrus flavor
- Juice Monster Papillon: a classic combo of Peach and Nectarine
- Juice Monster Mango Loco: enticing juicy mango flavor
- Monster Rehab
Have a triple energy boost with Monster’s unique: tea, lemonade, and Monster’s special energy blend that works amazingly with different flavors.
Go through the given list to select your favorite one below:
- Monster Rehab Iced Tea & Lemonade: a unique mix of Brewed Tea and Lemonade
- Monster Rehab Peach Iced Tea: special Brewed Peach Tea flavor
- Monster Rehab Iced Tea & Orangeade: carrying a peculiar Brewed Tea and Orange flavor
- Monster Rehab Raspberry Iced Tea: super light Brewed Raspberry Tea
- Dragon Iced Tea Monster
Who doesn’t love iced tea, especially in hot summers?
All the Monster Iced tea are super-refreshing and carry only 100 calories per can!
Check out all the flavors available below:
- Monster Dragon Iced Tea: Green Tea: holding classic Brewed Green Tea flavor
- Monster Dragon Iced Tea: Lemon Tea: terrific Black Tea with Lemon Citrus flavor combo
- Monster Dragon Iced Tea: Peach Tea: carrying an ultimate Brewed Tea with Juicy Peach flavor
- Monster Dragon Iced Tea: Raspberry Tea: super light Brewed Tea with Fresh Raspberry
- Monster MAXX
Monster’s 0 sugar energy base formula with Nitrous Oxide is giving way to a tasty and healthy drink.
It is available in 3 classic flavors: Monster MAXX Rad Red, Monster MAXX Mango Matic, and Monster MAXX Super Dry.
- Muscle Monster
A great blend to cover all your workouts with super-charged energy, Muscle monster is your “Coach in the bottle.”
It is full of all the vital nutrients to keep you pumped up for your workout.
Right now, there are two classic flavors in this category:
Final Lines on Monster Energy Drink Regarding Gluten
The Monster energy drink provides an instant energy boost and is totally gluten-free. The drink contains a moderate amount of caffeine in its one serving(16 oz) than the other ones available in the market.
You can drink one serving ten minutes prior to your sixty-minute workout and enjoy the heightened focus and performance.
More Posts for you: