- Trolli gummy worms are not totally gluten free.
- Some variants of the worms contain gluten.
- All other products are gluten free, except for Trolli Sour Brite Bites and Trolli Twisted Sour Brite Crawlers.
- But cross-contamination might happen.
Are Trolli Gummy Worms Gluten free? Let’s face it! Whether you’re a kid or an adult, gummy worms are fun. These are pretty popular among people. Also, gummy worms are one of the highest-selling candies.
These treats are undoubtedly enjoyable; one factor might restrict many from tasting them. Do they contain gluten?
The recent surge in gluten sensitivity has created anxiety among people. The USA has recorded one person in every hundred to have celiac disease. Considering that, it is a severe matter of discussion.
So, in this article, we will provide information about Trolli gummy worms. And will bring up the gluten-free issue.
Let’s dive in!
What are gummy worms, and are trolli worms gluten free?
Gummy candies are available in many shapes. For example, you might find gummy bears, babies, and rings. Similarly, manufacturers make gummy candies in worm shapes or crawler shapes.
These are gelatin-based candies. You can chew these. Generally, these candies are sweet. But some brands produce sour gummies as well.
These gummy candies are made in factories. After mixing all the ingredients (water, sugar, corn syrup, edible gelatin, flavorings), the liquid is cooked into a slurry.
Then, they pour the slurry into shaping molds. That is how they produce different-shaped gummy candies. These are bordered with corn starch for less sticky gummies.
And then, after cooling them, they are packed and sent to stores for selling.
Trolli gummy worms: are they gluten free?
The answer will be a straight yes to suffice.
But wait, before chewing the worm, please read ahead. There’s more to it.
Trolli gummy candies are gluten free, except Trolli Sour Brite Bites and Trolli Twisted Sour Brite Crawlers.
The ingredients used in Trolli gummy candies should not create complications. The common elements are sugar, corn syrup, corn starch, lactic acid, citric acid, gelatin, fumaric acid, Sodium lactate, Calcium lactate, Natural and artificial flavorings, and so on.
None of those ingredients mentioned above are responsible for gluten. Hence it might sound okay to give it a go.
However, cross-contamination might cause a slight gluten issue, for that matter. Therefore, extremely sensitive people should avoid it.
The manufacturers use wheat flour for the Trolli Sour Brite Bites and twisted crawlers. And wheat is considered one of the primary sources of gluten. Hence there’s no chance you can enjoy these candies if you are gluten intolerant.
Gluten free gummy candies
Sadly, all Trolli candies are not for gluten intolerant people. We understand your sorrow. Honestly, we hate bearing the bad news!
Certain brands produce gluten free gummy candies. Here’s a list of the sweets that you can have.
Yes, this brand has quite a long list when it comes to gluten-free candies. Here’s the list that you might try:
- Sour Brite Mystery Night Crawlers
- Sour Brite Crawlers Fruit Punch
- Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Sour Brite Crawlers Original
- Sour Brite Crawlers Very Berry
- Slurpee Sour Brite Crawlers Fruit
- Slurpee Sour Brite Crawlers Tropical
- Slurpee Sour Brite Crawlers, Squiggles, and so on.
This brand is one of the favorites among kids. Some of their gummy candies are safe for people with celiac disease.
- wild berry gummy candy
- Original flavor.
The sour patch is another brand that produces candies, especially gummy candies. Their sweets are generally gluten-free. Here are some of the products you can buy.
- Sour Patch Kids Original Soft & Chewy Candy
- Sour Patch Kids Berries Soft & Chewy Candy
- Sour Patch Kids Heads, 2 Flavors in One
- Sour Patch Kids Big Kids Soft & Chewy Candy
- Sour Patch Kids Tropical Soft & Chewy Candy
- Sour Patch Kids Just Blue Raspberry
- Sour Patch Kids Mystery Soft & Chewy Candy etc.
Are Trolli glow worms gluten-free?
- Yes. The Trolli glow worms are gluten free. The official website states the fact.
What are Trolli gummy worms made of?
- The staple ingredients that that brand uses are modified starch ( corn starch), corn syrup, sugar, gelatin, and different flavorings.
Do Trolli gummy worms contain pork?
- Trolli is a candy that Ferrara manufactures. All the products by Ferrara come with pork gelatine. According to them, pork gelatine holds the product the best.
Are Trolli Cola bottles gluten-free?
- Trolli candies have unique shapes candies. And one of them is their cola bottles. The good news is, yes, they are gluten free.
Is Trolli spaghetti vegan?
- The Trolli candies are vegetarian products. But since they use pork gelatine, it might not qualify as a vegan product.
Trolli gummy candies are one of the most popular ones among kids. As a result, the fan base of this brand has gone to a different level.
However, The gluten presence factor is quite a serious issue to be concerned about. And thanks to the manufacturers, they have invested time and patience to give it a thought.
Therefore, we get gluten free gummy candies from Trolli. Yet, it is always best to cross-check once before purchasing. So, read the ingredient list on the packaging and then buy.
More Posts for You: